LOCAL AGENCY FORMATION COMMISSION
FOR SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY
REGULAR MEETING OF JULY 15, 2020
IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING THE JULY 15, 2020 COMMISSION MEETING
The Local Agency Formation Commission for San Bernardino County (LAFCO or Commission) will conduct this meeting virtually by videoconference and/or teleconference in compliance with waivers to certain Brown Act provisions under the Governor’s Executive Order N-29-20, and members of the Commission or LAFCO staff will participate in this meeting telephonically or electronically. The public may participate in the meeting by joining the meeting virtually, by phone, or viewing the meeting live, and may provide general comments and comments on specific agenda items, as described below:
Instructions for Viewing or Listening to the meeting:
Members of the public may:
Instructions for Making Comments and Testimony:
If you wish to make comment on a specific agenda item or a general comment under public comment you can do so by:
- On Zoom video conference via the web or the Zoom App, click the ‘Raise Hand’ button when the item you wish to comment on is being discussed.
- On Zoom via phone, you can also raise your hand by pressing *9 when the item you wish to comment on is being discussed.
Alternatively, if you wish to make written comments on specific agenda items, make general comments, or submit testimony for public hearings, and have those comments provided to each Commission member prior to the meeting, you can send comments and testimony to LAFCO by email at email@example.com or online, limited to 250 words or less, at www.sbclafco.org/AgendaandNotices/Agendas/PublicComments.aspx no later than 7:30 a.m. on the meeting day. These comments and testimony will be read on to the meeting record at the appropriate time.
This change in public participation will continue until further notice and supersede any LAFCO standard public comment and testimony policies and procedures to the contrary.
9:00 A.M. —CALL TO ORDER—FLAG SALUTE
Anyone present at the hearing who is involved with any of the changes of organization to be considered and who has made a contribution of more than $250 in the past twelve (12) months to any member of the Commission will be asked to state for the record the Commission member to whom the contribution has been made and the matter of consideration with which they are involved.
- Swear in Regular Special District Commissioner and Regular City Commissioner
The following consent items are expected to be routine and non-controversial and will be acted upon by the Commission at one time without discussion, unless a request has been received prior to the hearing to discuss the matter.
- Approval of Minutes for Regular Meeting of May 20, 2020
- Approval of Executive Officer's Expense Report
- Ratify Payments as Reconciled and Note Cash Receipts for Months of April and May 2020
- Approval of Fiscal Year 2011-12 Financial Records Destruction Pursuant to Commission Policy
- Review and Update the Catalog of Enterprise Systems per Government Code Section 6270.5
Review and Approval of LAFCO Office Space Lease Amendment at the San Bernardino Santa Fe Depot
- Consent Items Deferred for Discussion
PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS:
- Consideration of: (1) Negative Declaration prepared by the City of Loma Linda for Annexation P19-064 and Pre-Zone P19-067, as CEQA Responsible Agency for LAFCO 3239; and (2) LAFCO 3239 – Reorganization to Include Annexation to the City of Loma Linda and Detachment from the San Bernardino County Fire Protection District, its Valley Service Zone and its Zone FP-5, and County Service Area 70 (City-owned Parcels)
- Consideration of: (1) Final Environmental Impact Report Adopted by the City of Rancho Cucamonga for the Etiwanda Heights Neighborhood & Conservation Plan (SCH No. 2017091027), as a CEQA Responsible Agency for LAFCO 3241;
(2) Adoption of Facts, Findings and Statement of Overriding Considerations; and (3) LAFCO 3241 – Reorganization to Include Annexation to the City of Rancho Cucamonga and Detachment from County Service Area 70 (Etiwanda Heights Neighborhood & Conservation Plan)
Comments Received for LAFCO 3241 Following Publication of the Staff Report
- Adoption of Impartial Analysis for LAFCO 3233A – Reorganization to Include Dissolution of County Service Area 64 and Formation of the Spring Valley Lake Community Services District Together with the Formation of Zone A for Solid Waste and Street Sweeping
- Sustainable Agricultural Lands Conservation Program (SALC) Planning Grant Application
- Unaudited Year-End Financial Report for Fiscal Year 2019-20 to include Transfer from Reserves to Services and Supplies
- Legislative Oral Report
- Executive Officer's Oral Report
- Commissioner Comments
(This is an opportunity for Commissioners to comment on issues not listed on the agenda, provided that the subject matter is within the jurisdiction of the Commission and that no action may be taken on off-agenda items unless authorized by law.)
- Comments from the Public
(By Commission policy, the public comment period is limited to five minutes per person for comments related to other items under the jurisdiction of LAFCO not on the agenda.)
The Commission may adjourn for lunch from 12:00 to 1:30 p.m. The Commission may take action on any item listed in this Agenda whether or not it is listed For Action. In its deliberations, the Commission may make appropriate changes incidental to the above-listed proposals.
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Commission or prepared after distribution of the agenda packet will be available for public inspection on the LAFCO website at www.sbclafco.org, and at the hearing.
Current law and Commission policy require the publishing of staff reports prior to the public hearing. These reports contain technical findings, comments, and recommendations of staff. The staff recommendation may be accepted or rejected by the Commission after its own analysis and consideration of public testimony.
IF YOU CHALLENGE ANY DECISION REGARDING ANY OF THE ABOVE PROPOSALS IN COURT, YOU MAY BE LIMITED TO RAISING ONLY THOSE ISSUES YOU OR SOMEONE ELSE RAISED DURING THE PUBLIC TESTIMONY PERIOD REGARDING THAT PROPOSAL OR IN WRITTEN CORRESPONDENCE DELIVERED TO THE LOCAL AGENCY FORMATION COMMISSION AT, OR PRIOR TO, THE PUBLIC HEARING.
The Political Reform Act requires the disclosure of expenditures for political purposes related to a change of organization or reorganization proposal which has been submitted to the Commission, and contributions in support of or in opposition to such measures, shall be disclosed and reported to the same extent and subject to the same requirements as provided for local initiative measures presented to the electorate (Government Code Section 56700.1). Questions regarding this should be directed to the Fair Political Practices Commission at www.fppc.ca.gov or at 1-866-ASK-FPPC (1-866-275-3772).
A person with a disability may contact the LAFCO office at (909) 388-0480 at least 72-hours before the scheduled meeting to request receipt of an agenda in an alternative format or to request disability-related accommodations, including auxiliary aids or services, in order to participate in the public meeting. Later requests will be accommodated to the extent feasible.