9:00 A.M. —CALL TO ORDER—FLAG SALUTE
Anyone present at the hearing who is involved with any of the changes of organization to be considered and who has made a contribution of more than $250 in the past twelve (12) months to any member of the Commission will be asked to state for the record the Commission member to whom the contribution has been made and the matter of consideration with which they are involved.
The following consent items are expected to be routine and non-controversial and will be acted upon by the Commission at one time without discussion, unless a request has been received prior to the hearing to discuss the matter
- Approval of Minutes for Regular Meeting of October 18, 2017
- Approval of Executive Officer's Expense Report
- Ratify Payments as Reconciled for Month of October 2017 and Note Cash Receipts
- Consent Items Deferred for Discussion
PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS:
- Consideration of: (1) CEQA Statutory Exemption for LAFCO 3221; and (2) LAFCO 3221 – Annexation to the Lake Arrowhead Community Services District (APN 0336-111-04)
- Consideration of: (1) Review of Mitigated Negative Declaration Prepared by the City of Redlands for Annexation No. 94, Zone Change No. 454, Tentative Tract Map No. 19942, and Demolition Permit No. 258; (2) Review of Addendum Prepared by LAFCO Environmental Consultant to Address the inclusion of Additional Right-of-Way, as CEQA Lead Agency for LAFCO 3207; and (3) LAFCO 3207 – Reorganization to include City of Redlands Annexation No. 94 and Detachments from San Bernardino County Fire Protection District, its Valley Service Zone, County Service Area 70 and its Zone P-7 (Sam-Redlands, LLC)
Letter from City of Redlands Development Services Department
- Six Month Update on the City of Rialto’s Initiation of its Five North Rialto Islands
- Authorize LAFCO Staff to Conduct the Special District Selection for the Membership on the San Bernardino Countywide Oversight Board at the Request of the San Bernardino County Auditor-Controller/Treasurer/Tax Collector
- Legislative Oral Report
- Executive Officer's Oral Report
- New Proposals Received
- Update on Proposals Filed with LAFCO
- Commissioner Comments
(This is an opportunity for Commissioners to comment on issues not listed on the agenda, provided that the subject matter is within the jurisdiction of the Commission and that no action may be taken on off-agenda items unless authorized by law.)
- Comments from the Public
(By Commission policy, the public comment period is limited to five minutes per person for comments related to other items under the jurisdiction of LAFCO not on the agenda.)
The Commission may adjourn for lunch from 12:00 to 1:30 p.m. The Commission may take action on any item listed in this Agenda whether or not it is listed For Action. In its deliberations, the Commission may make appropriate changes incidental to the above-listed proposals.
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Commission or prepared after distribution of the agenda packet will be available for public inspection in the LAFCO office at 1170 West Third Street, Unit 150, San Bernardino, during normal business hours, on the LAFCO website at www.sbclafco.org, and at the hearing.
Current law and Commission policy require the publishing of staff reports prior to the public hearing. These reports contain technical findings, comments, and recommendations of staff. The staff recommendation may be accepted or rejected by the Commission after its own analysis and consideration of public testimony.
IF YOU CHALLENGE ANY DECISION REGARDING ANY OF THE ABOVE PROPOSALS IN COURT, YOU MAY BE LIMITED TO RAISING ONLY THOSE ISSUES YOU OR SOMEONE ELSE RAISED DURING THE PUBLIC TESTIMONY PERIOD REGARDING THAT PROPOSAL OR IN WRITTEN CORRESPONDENCE DELIVERED TO THE LOCAL AGENCY FORMATION COMMISSION AT, OR PRIOR TO, THE PUBLIC HEARING.
The Political Reform Act requires the disclosure of expenditures for political purposes related to a change of organization or reorganization proposal which has been submitted to the Commission, and contributions in support of or in opposition to such measures, shall be disclosed and reported to the same extent and subject to the same requirements as provided for local initiative measures presented to the electorate (Government Code Section 56700.1). Questions regarding this should be directed to the Fair Political Practices Commission at www.fppc.ca.gov or at 1-866-ASK-FPPC (1-866-275-3772).
A person with a disability may contact the LAFCO office at (909) 388-0480 at least 72-hours before the scheduled meeting to request receipt of an agenda in an alternative format or to request disability-related accommodations, including auxiliary aids or services, in order to participate in the public meeting. Later requests will be accommodated to the extent feasible.